Olive Crazy owes you some articles. My day job as medical stop-loss lobbyist extraordinaire and some olive-related research have kept me from writing much. Here are some things I’ve been doing and can’t wait to tell you about.
- Extra virgin olive oil sampling and meeting with Atlanta area olive oil tasting bar owners at Strippaggio, VSOP Tap Room, and at Oli & Ve. Great oils and great people.
- Studying olive cultivars (boy are there a lot of them).
- Keeping up with the latest goings on at Georgia Olive Farms and sampling another of the Shaw family’s tasty foods, Gayla’s Grits.
- Tasting extra virgin olive oils off the shelf at my local grocery store. Unfortunately this is a sad story so get out your hanky.
- On the happy side, tasting Thessaly organic extra virgin olive oil from Greece.
- And in good southern U.S. tradition, some evangelizing about olive oil and growing olives.
Until then, may the sun shine through your branches.